BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- YBHG TAN SRI DATO’ SRI ABDUL AZIZ BIN ABDUL RAHMAN
(Non-executive Chairman and Director)
- Chairman and Director, holding a non-executive position since 2 August 2013. He graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce from University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. He is a member of the Malaysia Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) and the Malaysia Institute of Accountants (MIA). He has served as Chairman and Board member of several government institutions, agencies, and public listed companies, both in Australia and Malaysia. At the corporate level he was with Price Waterhouse & Co. Sydney, Malaysia Airlines and Managing Director of Bank Rakyat Berhad before venturing into politics and public service as the Pahang State Assemblyman, State Executive Councillor and Deputy Chief Minister of Pahang. He was a Senator of Malaysian Parliament for a maximum period of two (2) terms.Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Abdul Aziz is the Board member of Affin Bank Berhad, Affin Islamic Bank Berhad, the International Islamic University Malaysia and University Malaysia Pahang.
- YAB DATO’ PATRICK LIM KHOON HENG DSSA
(CEO/Group Managing Director)
- Chief Executive Officer and Group Managing Director, holding an executive and non-independent position since 2 May 1997. He is the Managing Director of Chuan Huat Hardware (Sdn.) Berhad since 14 December 1976. He is responsible for the operation management and strategic planning of the Chuan Huat Resources Berhad Group. He was conferred with the DSSA award which carries the title of “Dato’ ” by the Sultan of Selangor on 13 March 1999. He is the Advisor of the Malaysia Hardware, Machinery & Building Materials Dealers’ Association (MHMBA) & Malaysia Steel And Metal Distributors’ Association (MSMDA) and the Vice President of the Federation of Asia Pacific Hardware Chambers. He was awarded the Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award in the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA) 2010.
- YAB DATO’ MARK LIM LOONG HENG DIMP
(Deputy Managing Director)
- Deputy Managing Director, holding an executive and non-independent position since 2 May 1997. He was attached to Schinger Ltd in the UK as an Assistant Accountant for two years prior to his appointment to the Board of Directors of Chuan Huat Hardware Holdings Sdn Bhd. He currently takes charge of corporate planning matters of the Chuan Huat Resources Berhad Group. He was conferred with the DIMP award which carries the title of “Dato’ ” by the Sultan of Pahang on 26 February 2005.Dato’ Mark Lim is also the Managing Director of Pineapple Resources Berhad.
- NICHOLAS LIM KEAN HOONG
- Director, holding an executive and non-independent position since 25 February 2011. He has joined the Chuan Huat Group in June 2006 as the Manager responsible for the operation and marketing of the Steel Service Centre Division of Chuan Huat Group. He is an Executive Director of CH Reinforcing Steel (M) Sdn Bhd and Bars & Mesh Industries Sdn Bhd since July 2009. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Management Studies (Hons) form Nottingham University.
- LIM KAH POON
- Director, holding a non-executive and independent position since 27 February 2015. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland and a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA). Mr. Lim, a Chartered Accountant with a broad based business experience, spent the early part of his professional career with Ernst & Whinney in Dublin, Ireland and Price Waterhouse in Kuala Lumpur / Penang for approximately 12 years. Mr. Lim was the Branch Manager of Price Waterhouse, Penang when he left the firm in 1983.He joined Malaysian Tobacco Company Berhad (“MTC”) – a subsidiary of British American Tobacco Company Ltd (“BAT”), in June 1983, where he held various senior finance positions over a 15 year-period, including the position of Financial Controller from 1990 to June 1996. From July 1996, he assumed the Regional Audit role, responsible for facilitating and identifying the key business risks and evaluating the respective control environment in all the key BAT operations in the Asia Pacific Region with the top management and ensuring that the business risks and weaknesses in the control environment were properly addressed, managed or minimized.
In 1998, he joined a local company, also quoted on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, as its Chief Financial Officer. His finance and regional audit portfolios in both MTC and the local company had provided him with the wide experience covering financial and management accounting and control, formulation of corporate policies and strategies, risks management, corporate governance, business and tax planning and the role of internal audit under the ever changing corporate environment.
He left his last company in September 2001 in order to focus on his business advisory and consultancy work. To-date, Mr. Lim has undertaken corporate exercises involving IPO, mergers and acquisitions, rights issue, project financing and others.
Mr. Lim is also an Independent Non-Executive Director in Pineapple Resources Berhad, Heveaboard Berhad and Imaspro Corporation Berhad.
- DALI KUMAR @ DALI BIN SARDAR
- Director, holding a non-executive and independent position since 15 July 1999. He was with Citibank/Citicorp (NY/KL) from 1982 to 1996. Prior to his departure, he was the Managing Director of Citicorp Capital Sdn Bhd, a venture capital subsidiary of Citicorp. He left to become the CEO of Utama Merchant Bank Berhad. He left the position at the end of 1996 and set up DTA Capital Partners Sdn Bhd. DTA is a boutique corporate finance set-up. DTA now has two fully-owned subsidiary managing two venture capital fund of MAVCAP which is fully-owned by the Malaysian Ministry of Finance. He also served several terms as Chairman on the Malaysian Venture Capital and Private Eqity (MVCA) and Treasurer of Asia Pacific Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (APVCA)Encik Dali is also a Director in M Develeopment Ltd. (SGX main board) as well as numerous private companies.
- LEOW BOCK LIM
- Director, holding a non-executive and independent position since 29 June 2001. He is an associate of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and an associate of the Institute of Canadian Bankers. He is a retired banker who has had over 35 years of working experience in various local and foreign banks. He began his banking career with the OCBC Bank in 1960. In 1962, he left to join United Malayan Banking Corporation Berhad as an operations officer. Between 1966 and 1970, he held various operational and treasury positions in The Chase Manhattan Bank. In 1971 and 1972, he served as the chief operating officer of the Oriental Bank Berhad. Between 1973 and 1977, he was the treasury head of The Bank of Nova Scotia. He joined the Security Pacific Asian Bank in 1978 and was its country head for 12 years. In 1994, he joined Alliance Bank Berhad as its Senior Vice President and served as its head of treasury and international banking prior to his retirement in 2000.Mr. Leow is also an Independent Non-Executive Director in Pineapple Resources Berhad and Voir Holdings Berhad.